Friday, November 15, 2013

Visited a ski resort near Tehran

2 hr away from Tehran with my couch surfing host family. It was Darbandsar, a village north of Tehran. 

I spent my last day in Iran with my Tehran couch surfing host family there. I did not know there were green and snow in Iran. There views from their 4 fl falt were amazing, and each floor of 80 sq m2 only cost $80,000 USD. Very tempting! 

I was the family's first couch surfer. My host works for the government that oversees the museums, and his wife is expecting their first child due next May. My Jody's office is located in the Saadabad Palace. 

Had I met my host earlier, he could have got me into the museums for free :(  My host and his wife both come from a big family and are very close to the families of their parents and siblings. They took me to the flat to see the stunning views and had lunch with the families. 

The flat was designed by my host's brother in law who is an architect and Iranian ski champion. 

My host family was originally from Azerbaijan. Some of their in-laws were from northern Iran. After we came back from the mountains, we visited his brother's home who invited their neighbors for cake, tea, and regional dance and singing. We had a great time.

Some people really enjoy their life and families in Iran, although some are eager to move overseas. The average salary men earns 300 USD a month, which is difficult to cover cost of living (an one-bed room flat rents at 300 USD a month in Tehran. 

We went back spurned 10 pm, and I took a nap after a quick shower. I arrived the international airport at 1 am and learned that's fight was delayed one hour. I can check in only 3 hours before my flight at 6:10 am. Fortunately, my Iran cell card allowed me to get user name and password for free wifi. 











No comments:

Post a Comment