Thursday, November 14, 2013

Couch surfing meetup in Shiraz

Since all museums and stories were closed during 11/13-11/15, I could not visit any sights. I met two couch surfing hosts in Shiraz for conversation.

Amir works on computers, and is interested in working outside of Iran. My hostess accompanied me meeting Amir and his brother's family. We walked around the empty town a bit and then took water pipes in a tea house which run out of tea and food. 
We then had dinner with take-out food at the home of Amir's brother. Amir's sister in law is a great painter. She draw one of her daughter. 

On 11/14, I was supposed to meet another host Omid for conversation. Due to miscommunication, he called at the door of my host family to pick me up to the airport, while I was already in the airport thinking that I was stood up. Well, it was the intention accounts. I was pretty annoyed for his no show during 12 to 1, and regretted that I declined Amir's brother offer to show me around ninths morning.
Omid offered to still come to the airport to chat before my flight, but I declined because I was not sure about how much time left before I get via the security check.  People on Iran just super friendly. So many Iranians said to me "welcome to Iran!" And so many people chatted with me on the streets and buses then offered meals or visit their homes. 








No comments:

Post a Comment