Thursday, October 17, 2013

Work stay in a Tibilisi hostel?!

I walked in the neighborhood for 45 minutes with my bags and could not find the hostel. I asked more than a dozen people (including two taxi drivers), and checked Google map at McDonald.  Finally found it via the directions of a near by hostel owner.

BUT it was sold out! I begged the owner to put me anywhere because I was too exhausted to go anywhere else. So he gave me a staff bed in the kitchen. I could sleep only after everyone went sleeping, and woke up before everyone else. Worst of all, the door bell was amplified to be awfully loud in the kitchen as to give people heart attack. 
Even one backpacker asked me how could I handle it, and I told him that I just had to flow with changes. In fact, there are some upsides.  Everyone needs to eat food in the kitchen and they all invite me to share the food/wine and join the conversion/board games. I became the most sociable person in the hostel. Quite a different experience. 

Some drunks knocked on hostel door for money and then through rocks after denied on 10/18. The owner reported to the Georgina police. This instance shattered my false sense of safety about this country.

The hostel has a good view of Tbilisi from the deck. 







No comments:

Post a Comment