Friday, October 4, 2013

East Turkey

I am traveling in east turkey, and plan to visit Georgia, Armenia, and Iran. 


I am just finishing a tour and starting traveling in east turkey by myself. The big challenge here is fewer people speak English, not even most people in the bus terminal. I am leaving urfa to mardin today. Hope to get there as planned safely.

There are much fewer foreigners visit east Turkey so I was asked to be photoed with locals all the time. People are very friendly and want me to felt welcome. 

While I am waiting for my bus 3-hr later and looking for free wifi, the bus ticket booth people all tried to help and passed me to one another. I finally got it via a restaurant on the 2nd floor of the terminal and blogging as of now. This bus terminal is clean spacy and safe (on site police officers), so I was quite relaxed when waiting for my bus. 

I could have used minibus to get to Mardin earlier, but not as comfortable as a big bus. 

People here are helpful. I showed the hostel address to one person at the Mardin bus station and he pointed me to the minibus stop to downtown. The minibus driver then dropped close to the hostel although no one speaks English. 

Most of the budget hostels in east turkey has no map, so I got maps from the expensive fancy hotels and asked their English speaking staffs for tourist info. 


No comments:

Post a Comment