Friday, October 11, 2013

Georgia the country

II did not plan to visit but I am in it now. I stayed up one night to come up with the plan. Imagine cities with narrow side streets filled with leaning houses, overstretched balconies, mangled and twisted stairways, majestic old churches, heavenly food and warm and welcoming people. All of this with a backdrop of magnificent snow peaked mountains, and the best beaches of the Black Sea.

I drank as much as Georgian wine in each guest house as I can. Georgia is the cradle of wine making, and with 521 original varieties of grape.

I bused east to Kutaisi, Georgia (from Trabzon Turkey) at 3:45 am. o was lucky enough to share a taxi with an local to get to the hostel and rest. i may stay Georgia and Armenia together 15 days then head down to Iran. 

When I was cramped in a Georgian minibus with a mother and two young boys, I could not help to compare with the two Australian boys traveling with their well off parents on expensive private tours. The have vs the have not. Now I can understand why there are so many Russian and Georgian girls married to developed countries for better life. Georgia is similar to Argentina in many ways, such as the landscape, huge buildings, wide open fields, etc. however, Argentina has a much better economy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment