Thursday, September 5, 2013

Romantic Greek Ocean



Athens is surrounded by many beautiful and popular beaches which begins in Pireaus, known as the Apollo Coast.The best beaches Athens begin with the Kavouri-Vouliagmeni area and Sounion.

Cape Sounion situated at 65km from Athens, an amazing place that can't be missed. Cape Sounion has the 5th century B.C. temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea. The ruins bear the deeply engraved name of English Romantic poet Lord Byron.  It has one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world and on a clear day I saw at least seven islands. I saw tropical fish right near the beach.

This was the last trip I shared with Catalina since her boyfriend finally got the tickets to meet her in Brassel from Colombia.  I am happy for her and wish to attend her wedding after they have been dating over 9 years. 

Since Catalina cannot join me to the islands, I reverted back to my original plan to visit the mountains then the islands. 











No comments:

Post a Comment