Monday, September 16, 2013

Rethymno

Rethymno has a fascinating and well-preserved Old Town, which is a maze of lanes and alleys mostly reserved for pedestrians. The Old Town sits at the foot of a massive Venetian fortress.

I liked the hostel there. I ran into a young guy from Australia who warmed me about the doggy bus situations in Turkey and travel warning for Iran. I will consider taking tours once I arrive Turkey and possibly skipping Iran if it is dangerous. It looks like my Middle East trip is turning into Central Europe trip.

Something unusual happens the 1st I stayed there, a  storm came via. The owner treated me and another guest with white wine to cerebrate the storm that cooled down the temperature.  We were chatting and guessing what each person was doing for a living. The scientist from Amersterand guessed that I was a massage theorist. I played along and demo on the hostel owner. He was so pleased with my skills and rewardede with more white wine, which gave me a good night sleep in a 18-bed mixed-sex dorm room.















No comments:

Post a Comment