Saturday, September 21, 2013

From beaches to mountain

I am beach-out after hopping islands for 9 days. I was so happy to see the green mountains on the way out of Marmaris to Pamukkale.

Turkish buses have personal movie players and free wifi. Amazing. However, it is just a bit more reliable than the bus wifi I used on South America. The whole world is making wifi more available, and hope US will catch up. 

Bus services include water, hot drinks and a snack. There are virtually no bus companies that take passengers directly to Pamukkale. The bus dropped me in Denizli and then a fellow passenger got me on a minibus to Pamukkale (about 20 km away).

I checked in the hostel then walked about the town to collect tour information and ate my trout dinner. The village had a Saturday night dance party with pop music yet pretty conservative dance which can hardly compare with the passionate dance in a South American village.





No comments:

Post a Comment