Thursday, September 19, 2013

13-hr ferry ride from Crete to Rhodes

Yes, 13hrs from 9/18 noon to 9/19 1:30 am. When I booked all my ferry tickets online, I thought it was 1.5 hrs. Ok, flow with changes. I bought water, fruits, vege, and breads with me to survive the ride. 

I also got in touch with a hostel owner via my Athens host's help so I can get into the room after midnight. 

I was concerned that I might miss the bus and then the ferry (only run each Wednesday and Saturday), that I did not sleep much last night at Rethimnon. I woke up 6 am and packed my bags for 7:45 am bus back to Heraklion for the ferry. I arrived Heraklion and used the wifi for one hour, and got on board the ferry early to rest. 

I ate my lunch, took some photos when the ferry leaving Heraklion, chatted with a couple met on the morning bus about hiking in East Europe, and then slept 3 hours. I went up when the ferry arrive another side of Crete at the city called Sitia after four hours. I think the bus may run faster than the ferry to Sitia. Anyway, we then for another island before Rhodes.





No comments:

Post a Comment