Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas deco in Madrid

The climate of Madrid is continental; mainly dry and quite extreme at times. Madrid sees perpetual sunshine and a characteristically hot and dry summer, and a fairly cold winter with frequent frosts during the night and the occasional snowfall. The city had not snowed yet in early December, and was decorated with Christmas lights all over the streets.

Madrid possibly has the largest number of bars per capita of any European city and a very active nightlife; Madrileños are known to stay up until as late as 5AM-7AM. It is quite common to see a crowded Gran Vía on weekend nights. 

Due to this lifestyle, my hostel is located near the fun areas which ended up a headache for my sleep since my window faced the street. I was woken up 1-2 times each night by my night owl roommates. 














No comments:

Post a Comment